Peer Reviewer Process
The journal adopts a double-blind review process which is closely monitored by the editors. Editors undertake an editorial review to assess the quality and type of submission before sending it to the review process. Manuscripts not meeting the scientific standards will not be considered for the reviewing process. Authors are expected to pay attention to the instructions for authors and also indicate the category in which they are publishing if it is not a research article. Editors will also check the readability, grammatical usage and may ask for resubmission if papers fare poorly in these parameters.
Editors request referees to advise on the peer reviewers as well as the likely appeal the paper will have for broad tourism academic readership. Editors will be in contact with the referees once the paper is sent to them, with periodic reminders of their due date. Once all the reviews are in-house, the Editor handling the manuscript will most likely decide within a day or two. The editor will then contact the corresponding author with the decision. Reviewers invest precious time in the belief that they are making important contributions to the scientific process.
All efforts are done to complete the whole process within three months from submission with the first decision on an average done within 30 days to inform the status of their article.
The entire review process of the articles submitted to JBH is done online and digitally. Authors must use the online submission system for submitting their manuscripts. Only if they are unable to do so they should contact the editor through email.
Submission & Peer Review Process (Key Steps)
- The author submits all required materials, including the copyright form, and separate cover letter.
- The submitted article is first checked by the editor(s) in terms of whether it is within the broad scope of the journal and has sufficient merit. Editor(s) also pay attention to the readability, grammar, and usage before considering formally initiating the review process. The author will be informed quickly if their paper is rejected at this stage. Also, there will be technical rejection if authors give their names and affiliations in the main manuscript, the tables and figures as indicated in the text are missing, or have not followed instructions to authors.
- After initial approval by the editor, the completed submission is sent out to two or three reviewers.
- Reviewers review the article and send it back to the editorial office for processing.
- After initial review, Editor-in-Chief releases reviews to authors.
- Authors are asked to respond to reviewers and make necessary corrections.
- The article is sent out for re-review.
- Editor-in-Chief may accept, reject, accept with minor alterations, or sent out for the third review.
- If accepted, the author must submit the final version. The version will be added to the "in-press" queue with the publisher.
- Before publication, the publisher will send galleys to authors. No edits may be made after galleys are approved.
- The article is printed in JBH